Last updated 01/10/2014
Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions, which govern your use of this web site.
Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly for changes. Your continued use of this web site after these Terms and Conditions have changed will confirm your agreement to the revised Terms and Conditions.
This web site contains details of investment products and services which are provided by Independent Portfolio Managers Limited (“IPM”). Investment products available through this web site are directed only to UK residents and nothing on this web site is an offer to anyone outside the UK to acquire an investment product.
This web site is not for use by “US Persons” as defined by US laws and regulations in force from time to time. If you are resident of the US, or a corporation or other entity organised under US law or administered by or operated for the benefit of a legal or natural US person, you should take professional advice to determine whether you are a US Person and you should not access this web site until you are sure that you are not a “US Person”.
If you proceed to use this web site, we are entitled to take that use as your assurance that you are resident for tax and investment purposes in the United Kingdom.
Please note the following in your use of this web site:
- if after accessing this web site you decide to apply for any of the investment products or services mentioned on this site, you should read the relevant application form, prospectus and the key investor information document (KIID) applicable to your chosen product or service.
- other companies within The Investors Partnership (“TIP”) or employees of companies within TIP may have holdings in the investment products or an interest in services mentioned on this site and may otherwise have an interest in your transactions in those products or services;
- past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
- tax assumptions and reliefs depend upon an investor’s particular circumstances and may change if those circumstances or the law change.
- nothing on any part of this web site, including on any section of this web site which is password-protected, is intended to be or should be understood as being investment advice.
At IPM, we are keen for you to register your details and preferences with us so that we can provide you the best possible experience in your use of this web site.
Intellectual property rights and use of content
IPM owns all rights in the contents of this web site.
Normally, we are happy for you to download or print copies of a reasonable amount of the information contained on this web site for your personal use.
You may not redistribute any part of the contents of this web site unless you receive our written confirmation that you are permitted to do so.
Where we have given you permission to redistribute information to third parties, this permission is given on condition that you:
- use the material in the form in which it was originally displayed on the web site;
- clearly attribute that material to IPM, using wording which we specify from time to time;
- do not claim any goodwill or other ownership of any of that material;
- take all necessary steps to ensure that the material is distributed only to the relevant audience as defined by geographical, regulatory and other restrictions set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- do not display the information in a way which implies sponsorship or endorsement of any third party goods, services or materials by any member of the TIP, or in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable; and
- cease your use, and require the third party recipients to cease their use, of those materials if we request you to do so in writing.
Please note that you may not otherwise use the name of any TIP company trade mark, logo or design without our consent.
Where you redistribute information originating from this web site to third parties, you will indemnify each member of TIP against any damages and costs incurred as a result of any claim from a third party that the third party relied to its detriment on material originating from this web site.
Third Party Content
This web site may contain or link to content which is generated by third parties. However, we do not approve this third party content and so we are not responsible or liable for the content or for the consequences of your use of it.
Password-protected areas of this web site
During your use of this web site, you may be given access to areas of the site which are protected by passwords and other personal identifiers. Where we grant you the right to access any such password-protected areas, this right is granted to you alone and you should not allow any other person to access that area of the web site on your behalf, nor try to transfer your right to use that area of the web site to anyone else.
Where you access a particular area of the site using a password or other identifier which has been allocated to or chosen by you, you need to treat your password and identifier as confidential and not share that information with any third parties. You should not keep any record of that information such that it might be discovered by someone else. If you are concerned that someone else has obtained your confidential information, or has accessed this web site using your details, please let us know straightaway. If you do not tell us, we have no way of knowing that the person using your details is not you, and so we will always treat any instructions that we receive from a person using your details as having come from you.
Please read the following sections carefully.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions operates to exclude or restrict any liability which we are obliged by applicable laws or regulation to accept.
Our responsibility to you
We will always endeavour to provide a reliable and secure web site. However, the internet is an imperfect medium and is susceptible to interruption and error. In particular, messages sent electronically may not be secure. We recommend that you do not send any confidential information to us via electronic methods. If you choose to send any confidential information to us this way, you do so at your own risk and in the knowledge that a third party may intercept this information.
The web site may occasionally be unavailable for maintenance or other reasons. Where this happens, we regret any inconvenience caused but we are not responsible for any losses arising from this unavailability.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by any act or circumstance outside our reasonable control.
Further, none of the TIP companies will be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential loss suffered by any person in connection with the use of this web site.
Whilst we believe that the information contained on this web site is accurate, we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness and we disclaim all representations and warranties of any kind in respect of that information. Please conduct your own checks on any information obtained from this site before relying or acting upon it in any way.
Our responsibility to third parties
In addition to the limitations on IPM’s liability set out above, no member of TIP has any duty to any third party recipient to whom you may redistribute material originating from this web site. No third party has any right to bring any claim against any member of TIP in connection with any such redistributed material.
Who we are and how to get in touch
If you have any queries or complaints regarding this web site or these Terms and Conditions, please do contact us at email@example.com
This website is issued in the UK by Independent Portfolio Managers Limited (registered in England & Wales, company number 03169067 at Becket House, 36 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8DD). Independent Portfolio Managers Limited is authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
This web site is governed by the laws of England.
We may record telephone calls for our mutual protection and to improve customer service.